2019 CLEANER SUBURBS AWARDS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- To enter the Awards, Entrants need to log on to cleanersuburbs.com.au and follow the online nomination instructions. In order for an Entry to be valid, it’s mandatory all entry fields are completed and Entries must otherwise comply with the requirements of these Terms and Conditions including format, content, lodgement method and closing time. Illegible, incomplete, late or non-compliant Entries are invalid and will not be accepted.
- Nominations must be received between 9am 6th May 2019 and 5pm 26th July 2019
- Past entrants and winners are eligible to reapply for 2019, provided their submission relates to work conducted between the 1st of January 2018 – 30th June 2019 (i.e. 18mths). Past winners of the Outstanding Clean Green Award are not eligible to reapply for this category.
- To be deemed eligible, nominees are required to accept the nomination, these terms and conditions and answer the additional questions for each prize category (emailed upon nomination). Nominees are able to submit a maximum of three supporting documents, such as images, video, brochures, media releases and letters of recommendation.
- Nominees must demonstrate that the activities and results associated with the nomination were performed within the Brisbane Local Government Area.
- The project must have produced results between the 1st of January 2018 – 30th June 2019 for all prize categories except for the Outstanding Clean Green Award (where activities refer to at least the past three years).
- To be eligible for the Outstanding Clean Green Award, nominees must show a contribution and dedication to waste management over a minimum of three years, with a demonstrated portion of volunteer commitment.
- A project may be entered in multiple categories but it can only be recognized as a finalist in one category.
- Cleaner Suburbs and the judging panel reserve the right to determine which category the entry will be recognized under.
- All finalists will be eligible for the People’s Choice Litter Prevention Award.
- These Terms and Conditions of Entry (Terms and Conditions) include the information and instructions in the online nomination form and any award details. By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Upon submission and subject to clause 18, Entries become the property of CitySmart and will not be returned. This clause 2 does not affect ownership in any pre-existing intellectual property contained in the Entries.
- Entrants warrant that the information in the Entry and attachments is to the best of their knowledge true and correct, and does not contain any defamatory or offensive content or infringe third party intellectual property rights and that they will notify CitySmart of any changes to the information and any circumstances that may affect the Entry. CitySmart reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries and may disqualify an Entrant or an Entry if it discovers or determines that an Entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, an Entrant has provided dishonest or incorrect information in its Entry or that an Entry contains defamatory or offensive content or infringes third party intellectual property rights.
- CitySmart employees and their immediate families and CitySmart’s contractors associated with the Awards are not eligible to submit Entries.
- CitySmart employees and their immediate families and CitySmart’s contractors associated with the Awards, are not eligible to vote for the public choice award.
- CitySmart employees and their immediate families, CitySmart’s contractors associated with the Awards, Councillors, BCC staff and Judges or their companies are not eligible to be nominees.
- CitySmart requires a minimum of three entries per category to ensure the quality and integrity of the awards. At its sole discretion, CitySmart reserves the right to determine the eligibility of Entries and award the Awards. CitySmart may exclude an Entrant if awarding the Award to that Entrant would be inconsistent with CitySmart’s general objectives. In the case of disputes regarding the awarding of Awards, CitySmart’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. CitySmart reserves the right to change the category or eligibility of an Award, omit the awarding of winners for a category or award joint winners. CitySmart’s failure to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entrants must meet the eligibility criteria in the online submission process.
- Entrants may only submit one Entry per category.
- CitySmart, its partners, sponsors, judges, staff and contractors shall not be held liable for any reason whatsoever resulting from its adjudication in good faith of Entries made in any of the Awards.
- If the Awards are interfered with in any way, are not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond CitySmart’s reasonable control or where CitySmart is required or directed to do so by Brisbane City Council, CitySmart reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Awards. Where CitySmart reasonably believes any changes will have a negative impact, CitySmart will use reasonable endeavours to provide Entrants with up to two weeks prior written notice.
- Entrants agree that if they are a finalist in the Awards, they must have a representative attend the Awards event to receive the award in the event that they win.
- CitySmart may require the finalists and winners of the Awards to participate in marketing and promotional activities, including but not limited to media exposure and promotion of future Awards without any payment or other compensation. If requested, finalists and winners will provide all reasonable assistance and cooperation to CitySmart in the preparation of case studies and other material or promotion of the Awards or CitySmart’s use generally.
- Winners and finalists may promote themselves as winners or finalists of the Awards (as applicable) by use of the Awards logo in accordance with CitySmart’s directions and guidelines.
- Entrants acknowledge that CitySmart is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic). If a Freedom of Information request is made, CitySmart will consult with the Entrant before any decision is made to release the Entry or supporting documentation.
- Entrants agree that CitySmart or the Brisbane City Council may contact them during and after the Awards to seek information or comments about the Awards or to inform them about similar programs, events or services which may be of interest. Entrants acknowledge that CitySmart may refer Entries to external experts or other Government departments for assessment, reporting or advice. Entrants acknowledge that CitySmart collects, uses and discloses their personal information as specified in the Awards website and the online submission process, in order to process Entries and in accordance with its Privacy Statement. View CitySmart’s Privacy Statement here and Brisbane City Councils Privacy Statement here.
- CitySmart may use, modify, adapt, publish and reproduce the intellectual property (except for any confidential information) in Entries (including any material provided by Entrants in support of Entries at any time) in connection with the Cleaner Suburbs Awards or the broader general objectives of CitySmart. Entrants warrant that (except where certain information is identified as confidential) Entries do not contain any confidential information. Entrants also warrant that they hold all necessary rights, consents and permissions to provide any personal information (including images of people) and to licence the intellectual property contained in their Entries on the terms set out in this clause. Upon providing CitySmart with images you agree to the use of these images on the Cleaner Suburbs website and any digital or printed collateral associated with the program. For the avoidance of doubt, the licence given by Entrants pursuant to this clause does not extend to any of the Entrants’ background intellectual property that led to the making of the Entry itself. Entrants’ must advise the Cleaner Suburbs Coordinator in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are specific restrictions on the use of any materials or images submitted as part of an Entry.
- Entrants are required to declare all actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest in their Entry and advise CitySmart immediately if they become aware of any conflict of interest that arises subsequently.
- CitySmart accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries or for any technical difficulties or periods of unavailability of the Awards website.
- CitySmart will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, in connection with the conduct of the Awards except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Entrants are required to declare any penalties or notices they have received from the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) or WorkSafe for any breaches of the Environment Protection Act 1970, Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004, Accident Compensation Act 1985 or of any other environmental, OH&S, safety or other legislation or regulations (“Safety Laws”) in the last 10 years. Entrants are also required to declare any current investigations, notices, prosecutions, pending prosecutions or enforcement action against them arising out of a breach or possible breach of any Safety Laws. This obligation continues for a year after the Awards event.
- Entrants acknowledge that CitySmart may, if the Entrant’s Entry is short listed as a finalist for an Award, undertake confidential checks with EPA, WorkSafe or other regulators about the Entrant’s environmental, OH&S, safety or other regulatory performance. Entrants may be excluded if CitySmart determines that an Entrant’s recent record against Safety Laws is unacceptable for the purposes of the Awards.
- Entrants must not do anything that may damage, bring into disrepute or ridicule CitySmart’s name, messages or reputation, or attract public or media attention which may be prejudicial or otherwise detrimental to CitySmart’s name, messages or reputation. In particular, Entrants must ensure compliance with all equal employment, occupational health and safety and environmental laws.
- While all care has been taken in preparing the online submission process, CitySmart does not warrant the accuracy of the online submission process and accepts no liability for any deficiency within the online submission process.
- Prizes are not transferable, negotiable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. CitySmart takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize or for Prizes that are damaged or lost in transit.
- CitySmart has sole discretion to determine the eligibility of entries and to award Prizes. In the event of a dispute, the decision of CitySmart is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by CitySmart to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If a Prize winner does not accept any element of a Prize, CitySmart is not obliged to provide that winner with a substitute prize.
People’s Choice Litter Prevention Award
- Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to any person (a participant) who votes in the People’s Choice Litter Prevention Award on the Cleaner Suburbs website (Website). Voting is administered by CitySmart.
- By voting, participants agree that CitySmart or the Brisbane City Council may contact them during and after voting closes to seek information or comments about the Awards or to inform them about similar programs, events or services which may be of interest. Voters acknowledge that CitySmart collects, uses and discloses their personal information as specified in the Awards website and the online submission process, in order to process Entries and in accordance with its Privacy Statement. View CitySmart’s Privacy Statement here and Brisbane City Councils Privacy Statement here.
By voting, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. About the People’s Choice Litter Prevention Award. This award provides the public with an opportunity to vote for their favourite Finalist across all award categories from those shortlisted by the Cleaner Suburbs Program Manager and internal Management Team. The results have no influence on the process undertaken to determine the official winners of the Cleaner Suburbs Awards.
3.1 Participants must:
a) be over the age of 18 years old;
b) provide their first name, last name, email address and mobile number
c) submit one entry only
4. Key Dates
4.1 Entries are open from 9am EST 12th August 2019 to 5pm EST 23rd August 2019. Any entries received after that date and time will not be eligible.
5.1 If voting is interfered with in any way, is unable to be conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of CitySmart or if it is fair and reasonable to do so or where CitySmart is required or directed to so by the Brisbane City Council, CitySmart reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the public voting, as appropriate.
Terms and Conditions
- Councillors or BCC staff cannot be part of the judging panel.
- Judges or their companies cannot be nominees
- Judges must absent themselves from judging any entry which may be a conflict of interest.
- Final decisions are made and reviewed by the panel of judges.
- All judges are bound by a confidentiality agreement.
- Judges volunteer their time and are a valuable and valued part of the Cleaner Suburbs management team who work towards Brisbane’s environmental excellence.
- ROUND 1 – The program manager and internal Management Team review all entries received. Out of that process they recommend finalists for each category to the expert judging panel.
- ROUND 2 – Entries selected as “Finalists” are evaluated and scored by the panel of judges. Out of this process, a winner for each category is nominated by each judge.
- The Program Manager will participate in Round 1 and facilitate the Round 2 judging to ensure consistency across the Rounds.